Healthy Paws Facts
- 9.8 out of 10 lifetime customer satisfaction rating
- Coverage of up to 90% of the actual vet bill
- No claim limits and unlimited lifetime benefits
Here's How Healthy Paws Started a Movement to Save Homeless Pets
Every dollar you spend with Healthy Paws helps animal shelters & rescue groups across the country. Here is CEO Steve Siadek on how you can help a homeless animal right now
Healthy Paws is the "Cadillac" of pet insurance plans.
One great plan covers chronic illnesses, accidents, injuries, hereditary conditions, emergencies, and more.
Reimbursements are 70%, 80%, or 90% of the actual medical bill. Annual deductibles are $100, $250, and $500.
Healthy Paws Pet Insurance coverage is provided with no limits on claims.
If your pet needs treatment for any accident or illness, and it is not a pre-existing condition, you are covered. It’s that simple.
- Hereditary Conditions
- Congenital Conditions
- Chronic Conditions
- Diagnostic Treatment
- X-Rays, Blood Tests, Ultrasounds
- Prescription Medications
- Emergency Care
- Specialty Care
- Alternative Treatment
- Pets Best
- Pet First
|Lifetime Customer Rating
|Unlimited Lifetime Benefits|
|Covers All Illnesses & Accidents|
|Covers All Genetic Conditions|
|Includes Alternative Therapies|
|Type of Deductible||Annual||Annual||Annual||Annual||Per Incident|
|Financial Stability Rating||A+||A||A+||A-||A+|
Free Alternative Care Coverage For Pets
While most pet insurance providers charge an extra monthly fee for alternative care, Healthy Paws includes all the extras in the standard plan. With Healthy Paws, your pet will have access to such treatments as:
- Massage Therapy — Many injuries suffered by pets can benefit from the skilled application of pressure to muscles and skin. This type of therapy is gaining in popularity because it is non-invasive and does not rely on medications; there is now even a national board of certification for practitioners.
- Physical Therapy — More generalized than massage therapy, physical therapy for pets involves manipulating bones and muscles and prescribing exercise regimens. This approach is especially effective in treating such chronic conditions as hip dysplasia.
- Chiropractic Care — Like humans, as pets age, their bones, joints, and ligaments suffer wear that causes pain and may even affect mobility and quality of life. Chiropractic care helps cats and dogs suffering from skeletal or soft-tissue pain or recovering from accidents or surgery. Veterinarians can now become certified in this specialty.
- Acupuncture Treatment — Acupuncture has been used successfully on pets in recent years and is therefore a growing area of veterinary medicine. Acupuncture has been shown to be effective in treating a wide variety of conditions, from inflammation and seizures to skin issues and even thyroid and heart conditions.
- Underwater Therapy — Underwater Therapy or Hydrotherapy is therapeutic swimming supervised by a qualified veterinary professional. This approach has produced remarkable results with many pet health issues, including hip dysplasia, ACL tears, broken bones, and even seizures, and also in decreasing recovery time after surgery.
Last updated 7/3/2016. By Dr. Pippa Elliot, BVMS, MRCVS
and his energy and compassion for helping animals is reflected in the company’s stellar reviews.
Healthy Paws CEO Steve Siadek managed a no-kill animal shelter before co-founding the company
Healthy Paws Customer Reviews
“Best pet insurance, hands down”
Healthy Paws has been amazing to have for my two-year-old puppy, who has had his share of medical mishaps. The peace of mind I have knowing that my dog is protected is wonderful, and I recommend Healthy Paws to every pet parent I meet. One of the best decisions I’ve ever made for my dog.
“Wonderful Pet Insurance”
I’ve never reviewed any insurance company before. But Healthy Paws has been so good to my accident-prone German Shepherd that I had to write this. They respond to claims immediately and pay everything as promised. Such a relief dealing with a company who treats my dog’s health as the highest priority.
Healthy Paws Pet Insurance Q & A
Any illness, accident, or injury is covered. Surgery, hospital visits, medications, blood tests, x-rays, and other life-saving medical treatments are all covered.
Healthy Paws is the only pet insurance plan to offer truly unlimited coverage for your pet’s entire lifetime. There will never be any annual or per-incident limits or caps on reimbursements.
Congenital conditions are birth defects and hereditary conditions passed down from your pet’s parents. These conditions can be expensive and difficult to treat, and may not show up until your pet is into adulthood. Apart from a waiting period, Healthy Paws puts no restrictions on congenital and hereditary health coverage. Period.
Healthy Paws policies cover a lot, but, in order to keep premiums down, they don’t cover routine care and regular veterinarian visits. Flea prevention, heartworm treatment, dental care, and behavioral modification are examples of excluded treatments.
If your pet is under six years old, a copy of its most recent veterinary visit is all that is required. For pets six years and older, a veterinary examination performed during the past 30 days will be needed. If you don’t have the necessary veterinary records, you will need to have your pet examined before being approved for coverage.
Want to learn more? See a Healthy Paws Sample Policy.
Healthy Paws is Rated #1
Healthy Paws was rated #1 pet insurance in 2013, 2014, and 2015